Linksys n300 Extender Setup without CD
WiFi extenders receive the WiFi signals from the home network, boost those signals and reflect all the signals around the home network. Linksys n300 WiFi extenders are the best quality WiFi extenders you can go for. Also, you will receive a configuration CD for the Linksys n300 extender setup and configuration. That CD can be used to configure your Linksys n300 extender and enjoy the workings accurately. But in any case, you have lost the configuration CD for Linksys n300 extender setup; you can also go for Linksys n300 extender setup without CD. Here we are explaining the steps for manually performing the Linksys n300 extender setup.
Linksys n300 extender setup without CD | Manually Performing the Linksys wifi extender n300 setup
- First you have to collect the information for the wireless WiFi extender that are, SSID name, wireless channel and the password that is configured for the home network access. You can go for the Linksys n300 extender setup without cd only if you get connected with the home network.
- After that, you will need to reset your Linksys WiFi extender. You can go for the reset configurations using the “Reset” button located at the rear side of the Linksys n300 extender.
- Then connect your computer or laptop with the Linksys n300 extender using the Ethernet cable.
- Give power supply to Linksys n300 extender and go for the next step for linksys n300 extender setup without cd.
- Open the web browser and access the Linksys extender setup page using default http://extender.linksys.com login address. You can also use the 192.168.1.1 IP address for login to the Linksys n300 extender setup page.
- You will be get transferred to the login window where you will need to fill the login user name and login password for accessing the Linksys wifi extender n300 setup page.
- After successful login to Linksys wifi extender n300 configuration page, go for the “Wireless” option and then go for the “Basic Wireless Settings”.
- Choose the “Manual” option for Linksys n300 extender setup page.
- You can choose the security for your WiFi extender at this step. You will need to fill the password for your home network at this point. Go for the Linksys wifi extender n300 setup next option but before that save all the settings you have made.
- Remove the Linksys wifi extender n300 from the power and place it any desirable place you want to place it.
These are the steps for Linksys n300 extender setup without cd. If you have CD you can simply insert that CD in the drive and follow all the instructions for making Linksys n300 extender setup.