Cisco Linksys re1000 Wireless n Range Extender Setup without CD
What if you have lost the Linksys extender setup re1000 CD that you have received with the WiFi extender? You really don’t need to be worried because you can also go for the Cisco Linksys re1000 wireless n range extender setup without CD. Without CD means you can manually configure the Linksys extender setup re1000 page. Here we are explaining the very simple steps for configuring the Linksys re1000 wireless n range extender setup without using the CD.
Follow these Steps Before you Go for Cisco Linksys re1000 wireless n range extender setup without CD
- Make sure you have the SSID ready.
- Password for accessing the wireless settings.
- Information about the wireless channel.
- Reset the Linksys WiFi extender using the reset button located at the rear side of the Linksys extender.
Follow these Steps for the Manual Configurations for Linksys extender setup re1000
- The Ethernet that you have received with the re1000 WiFi extender, take that Ethernet cable and create connection between your re1000 WiFi extender and the computer you are using.
- Provide the power supply to your Linksys re1000 WiFi extender. |
- Open the web browser and access the Linksys Extender Setup page using the default address http://extender.linksys.com or you can also use the IP address 192.168.1.1 for accessing the Linksys re1000 wireless n range extender setup page.
- Fill the login details when you are asked for. Fill the correct user name and the password for accessing the Linksys extender setup re1000 page.
- After successful login go for the “Wireless” settings and then go for the “Basic Wireless Settings”.
- You have to set the configuration to “Manual”. After selecting the option, select the “SSID” option.
- You can select the wireless settings for your re1000 WiFi extender from here. Press the “Password” and go for the “Save Settings” option.
At last, unplug the power cables and place the WiFi re1000 extender at any where you want to place it.